Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Home from Waco!

Just got home from being in Waco for the past several days with my mom, Isabella and my younger sister helping her move into her new apartment. It was a great trip just being able to get away from home for a little while and having a little "girls trip"! Isabella was so excited and couldn't stop talking about our "girl time" and how the boys were back at home. Truly funny!

So, my sister had hired movers to help with all her furniture that she had stored over the summer from her last apartment. While at the storage unit, they discovered that it had leaked and her brand new mattress had disgusting water damage! So, needless to say, we slept on air mattresses and just as things were getting a little stressful having only 3 females trying to load and unload heavy objects with a little girl underfoot, I get a phone call from Brad around 3-ish on Sunday afternoon asking which complex Brittany lived in because he wanted to show it to Elijah online. I totally fell for it and literally 10 minutes later, there was a knock on Brittany's door! After preaching that morning, Brad hopped in the car with Elijah, and took off for a 3 hour trip to Waco to help us and relieve us (since he had Monday off)! One of the many reasons I LOVE my husband!! He immediately got to work, went to bed very late and very tired, got up this morning and took BOTH kids home with him so we could do some last minute things before we left tonight for home.

So, I am home, I am tired, I am glad I went and spent some great time with just "the girls", but I am especially thankful for my husband who truly has a servant's heart and who is always thinking of what he can do to help me (and others)!

Now, I have a busy week ahead of me full of adoption paperwork to be completed!

No comments: