Monday, July 16, 2007

Father's Day 2007

Ever since Brad has been a father, Isabella and Elijah have always been really too little to express why they love Daddy, so I would write little notes to him "from them" and we would all shout (or babble) "Happy Father's Day!" and call it a day. This year, however, the kids were truly able to tell him really why they loved him and why they were thankful for Daddy. Here are some of the things they said:

Isabella said:

  • He prays with me every night
  • He makes us sausage, eggs and biscuits on Saturday morning
  • He always hugs me
  • Sometimes when we go to the store, he buys me surprises
  • He chases me
  • He reads us stories
  • He loves me the best

Elijah said:

  • I love Daddy because he's so much fun
  • Daddy tickles me
  • Daddy goes on walks with me
  • Daddy plays with my trains with me
  • Daddy loves me and he is good!

And of course, we took our Father's Day picture with Daddy's hand holding the kids' hands so we could see them grow throughout the years and we place it in our special Father's Day Traditions Album! We also started a new tradition this year! We went to the fabric store and let the kids pick out a special fabric they wanted that reminded them of Daddy. We then got some fabric paint and painted the kids hands and made handprints on their special fabric square. We will keep collecting these through the years until we have enough to make Daddy a "Daddy-sized quilt"! Shhhhhhh! Don't tell Daddy!

No comments: