Thursday, June 5, 2008

1st Purchase

I haven't bought anything for the kids during this entire process and it has been killing me! When we were in the China program, I began to buy all sorts of things in anticipation of bringing home our little girl. During that time, we actually knew a little more specifically "who" we were buying for....a little girl 0-12 months. Since we switched countries, I have been hesitant to buy anything since "who" we are buying for is a little more vague....siblings, either gender, under three years. I have run the gamut on the different combinations of gender and age I can think of and there are so many possibilities, so I have held off on the "buying" side of things....until now! I have been "eyeing" these adorable Amharic bean bags from Amharic Kids that have the colors and numbers on them with the English and Amharic language (as well as the Amharic spelling), so I took the plunge and bought them.
I also bought an Amharic language book so we can know some basic words if we should need to know them. I figured that they were very universal as far as age and gender and would be a really neat thing to have anyway. This is probably all I will buy (for now) until we receive our referral. However, I have made a spreadsheet (I LOVE spreadsheets!) of all the items I want to buy for the kids as well as all the many sites I have come across during this long wait!
And, no, Brad does not know about the spreadsheet (although he probably assumes I have one)!

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is great!

Shawn said...

Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is great. Very informative. I love the bean bags, and the book.

Brenna said...

Love the blog, Kimberly! Those Amharic Kids items looks like such fun. I'll be checking them out. We are in process for a waiting child in Ethiopia~ so I'll enjoy traveling this road with you! Your children are precious!
Brenna in Texas

Jeanette said...

Hi Kimberly! Just thought I'd drop by and see the latest on the adoption! I hope you and your family are doing well! Praying for you!

Jeanette

*I started a new blog if you'd like to pop over! (http://threadsoffaithfulness.blogspot.com)

los cazadores said...

Too awesome! I want to buy those too! :)

Cindy

Sparkz said...

Oooh I love these. I might have to check that site out again!