Friday, January 25, 2008

Week 13

Entering into Week 13 has definitely been much more of a struggle for us. Yes, every week we are getting closer to our precious babies, but every week also brings more anxiousness for them to be revealed to us! Our sweet Isabella made a number "13" out of pipe cleaners (which I think is adorable even though you might have to use a bit of imagination!) and was so proud of it!! She asks every day when we can fly to Africa to get her baby brother and sister. It is truly precious to hear the prayers of Isabella when daily, she pleads for the Lord to bring her "brother and sister home soon!" She has become such a prayer warrior lately. During an especially fearful time in her little life (fear of the dark, bugs, and anything else a little 5 year old fears often), she was sad because she said she was having trouble trusting the Lord at night to keep her safe. After much prayer and encouragement for her, she was so pleased that she was able to trust in the Lord through the night and sleep with no fear! Since then, she "prays without ceasing" for everything and has great faith in our Lord! It is wonderful to see the faith of a child lived out in your children. We have learned a great lesson through her obedience to "trust in the Lord with all your heart" and have received much encouragement from her faith. So, as we enter into our 14th week, we hope to truly rest in the Lord's promises for our lives and to trust Him completely for the perfect time to bring our children to us!

“Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29: 12

3 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

The waiting IS hard, and I am right there with you. I just love reading others' blogs and the words of God that are included. What an encouragement.

Tell Isabella the number 13 was beautiful.

Take care,
Sharon

emily said...

More things in common- my six year old is Isabelle, we are also waiting for a brother and sister and Jamie Jo is a friend of mine:) How much fun that the Lord knits us all together!!

The detox tea has saved me on many an afternoon!

Praying for a referral for you. Just added you to my blogroll so I can follow more closely!!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Okay, no postings from you.....you've given up on blogger world huh?
Say it isn't so!
Hang in there!!!!!
Blessings,
Kristy