Monday, January 14, 2008

There Is No Me Without You

This book, There Is No Me Without You, by Melissa Fay Greene was one of the first books I took notice of when we began our adoption from Ethiopia. The book was everywhere and everyone seemed to agree it was a must-read if adopting from Ethiopia! I bought the book (with some others of course!) a while back but I am just getting around to reading it and I must say it is wonderfully captivating so far! I cannot wait to get through the entire book which is rare for me since I would not normally choose to pick up a book and read in my "spare" time (which has seemed non-existant since parenthood began!). I am excited to read many more books I have purchased to help educate me about Ethiopia, the adoption process, transracial adoption, etc. However, I found this article by Melissa Fay Greene posted on many other blogs I follow and it was very interesting and sobering at the same time.

No comments: