Thursday, December 13, 2007

Luke 2

Brad teaches at a private school here in Kingwood and the music teacher had asked him back in the summer if Isabella could memorize and recite Luke 2 for the school's Christmas program. We asked Isabella if she would like to do this and she agreed. I began teaching it to her a little at a time and she quickly memorized it and was so exited to say it to anyone who would listen to her! As December rolled around, we had taught it to not only her but decided to also teach it to Elijah (who already had memorized most of it just by listening to Isabella say it all the time!). Yesterday afternoon, we went up to the school to rehearse it with the music that was playing in the background as she spoke. She was uncharacteristically shy and nervous, so I began to think she might not go through with it, but after the rehearsal this afternoon, with all the people, lights, animals and other children, she did amazingly well!

So, tonight came and she was so excited to say her verse! She was at the very end of the program, so she had to wait a long time but then it came time for her to go up on the stage with Daddy! She was smiling and you could tell she was very excited! Here is a snippet of her because as I was recording her, my batteries died! Thank goodness, the school recorded it so we will have a copy!



She got a little nervous, and forgot to say some of the verses, but continued on like a pro (so well, that I don't think any knew she had forgotten anything)! Afterwards she was so precious asking me why she didn't say some of the verses and when I told her she did great and the Lord was pleased with her for knowing His word, she smiled and said, "Okay! Now where is my surprise!?" Children are truly resilient! Here she is after the performance with the flowers she received from Mommy and Daddy!
And here she is with the music teacher from the school:
But the best part of this is when she told me tonight after we got home, "Mommy, I am so glad I got to say my verses to all those people because now those people know about Jesus!" The Lord truly looks at our hearts and loves the faith of children!

No comments: