Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Time is Here

Christmas was so much fun this year as the kids are getting older and truly getting excited for all of the Christmas festivities! We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning at our home this year. Then, had Christmas lunch with Brad's family and Christmas dinner with my family, so we were able to see everyone this year. All the kids watching Isabella open her Marshmallow shooter!

My precious little nephew, John Isaac, all bundled up in his "little bear" suit while watching the fireworks and the kids sparklers! (I loved his blue bear suit so much that Brittany went to The Children's Place and bought one for our babe in Ethiopia!)

Isabella and Elijah on Christmas morning (see Isabella's shirt that says "glamou(RED)" given to her by Aunt Brittany on Christmas Eve, and she loved it so much, she wore it to bed!)Elijah and Daddy with their walking sticks from Mommy engraved with the words, "Walk with God". They loved it!The kids were so excited to give Daddy his blanket they made especially for him!Brittany got more (RED) products for our kids: This for one of our little ones in Ethiopia (that I really wanted badly!) .....
....and this warm sweater hoodie for Elijah that says "bo(RED)" which is perfect for him because that is his new saying when he doesn't want to do something I ask him. He whines, "Mommy, you are making me too bored!"

And I received some really special gifts relating to Ethiopia including this precious little boy figurine named "Eubie" from our family friend, Peggy. I just love him!

This necklace is so special to me because it is an pink Ethiopian stone carved into an Ethiopian coptic cross that Brad gave me.

And he gave me this Ethiopian girl figurine and her name is "Sadaka" which means "precious gift"! I love her too!

I love that Brad always tries so hard to find really special things to give me on my birthday and holidays and this Christmas was no different. This year he tried to find things that were unique to Ethiopia but since most of his research came from the internet, he found out the pictures given on the internet are difficult to see the true size of anything. He was so excited to give me this necklace because he thought it looked small but a little "sparkly" and would help remind me of our children in Ethiopia. Well, Brittany warned him that she wasn't sure about it but he ordered it anyway thinking it was perfect for me! It came in the mail and Brittany wrapped it without Brad ever seeing the real necklace. When I opened it, I was shocked! Yes, it was definitely "sparkly" and HUGE! We started laughing so hard because it is literally the size of a coaster! But what was even funnier is that at the bottom of the box, it said, "Hip Hop collection"!!!

We have decided to keep it because it is too funny not to and to use it as an ornament on our tree where it can really be "sparkly"! Have I mentioned that I am married to Clark Griswald?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

first of all, i just found your new blog! i have a lot of catching up to do!

secondly, i cracked up at your christmas present from brad. i laughed out loud for a long time!!

third, i can't believe how big the kids are! they are precious and have grown up so much since we saw them last year.

thelittlefields said...

Did you pack up that 'charm' with our Christmas ornaments? I sure hope not, because I REALLY want to see you wear it. Seriously, next Sunday.