Thursday, August 23, 2007

Smudgy fingerprints

Brad and I have gotten a lot of our documents collected and notarized in the last couple of days, so we feel a great sense of accomplishment! We Fed Exed our Home Study reviews to our old agency for part of our re-evaluation and hopefully this will start speeding along soon!

Today, Brad was able to steal away an hour so we could run down to the Sheriff's office and get our fingerprints "the old-fashioned way" with ink. When we got there, we were told that not too many people could fingerprint with ink and get good prints because it has become a lost art with the new computerized machines they use now. After seeing my fingerprints, I believe them! I almost started to cry in the car because my fingerprints looked like some precious "artwork" I have received from my children in their toddler years!! There were smudges and smears all over the page. I have resigned to the fact that I am sure we will be visiting that Sheriff real soon for another try. In the meantime, I am going to send it off anyway just to see if they will take them as is. Of oourse, Brad's fingerprints looked perfect and manly! (and just a tad attractive....can you be attraced to your husband's fingerprints? Maybe I am confusing attractiveness with envy!)

Anyway, moving on.....So, not only did we Fed Ex our I-824 form to USCIS (hopefully, for the last time!), we also Fed Exed our FBI Clearance request to West Viriginia (with my smudgy fingerprints....they totally looked like the Sheriff was snacking on a Snickers bar while he was fingerprinting me!) I hope I have to apologize profusely to "Sheriff McChocolatey".....pray my prints are accepted!

No comments: