Thursday, June 21, 2007

Our little birthday Princess!


Today is Isabella's 5th birthday! She has been eagerly waiting to turn 5 for some time now! She asked me if there were going to be balloons in her room when she woke up this morning, and I said without blinking an eye, "Of course!" (trying to remember if having balloons in her room on her birthday morning was something I did last year). I decided to go with the flow and early this morning before she woke up, I quietly taped the balloons to her bed. I also was able to take some pictures before she woke up which was amazing because she sleeps like a cat!
This is a picture of her bed with the balloons and you can see her little head barely peeking from the covers!
Isabella still asleep with her "lovey" P.J. (a gift from Daddy several b-days ago)
After waking up and getting clothes on, she took some balloons off her bed to play with! She LOVED waking up to the balloons! Looks like we started a birthday tradition!
Today was a day of "favorites", so she got to pick our her favorite cereal to eat for breakfast, she wore her favorite pajamas all day (except for about 3-4 changes of "favorite" outfits she changed into), we played her favorite games, and she got to eat her favorite lunch, and then Aunt Brittany brought her another favorite.....flowers! She absolutely LOVES getting flowers! Brad has kind of spoiled her on that! We ended the day with her birthday dinner at her favorite restaurant, Fuddrucker's, and a special cookie cake (you guessed it, another favorite!)
Every year on the kids birthday, I take a picture of them with something special of either mine of Brad's to show how they have grown through the years. Isabella wears my veil and Elijah wears one of Brad's West Point hats and his West Point ring. We always take Isabella's picture at my parent's house because that is where I keep my veil and other wedding things. This year, Isabella happened to be in her favorite pajamas she wanted to wear all day today when we took the picture! I love her expression in the second picture!


I don't know what has been so magical to her about turning 5 years old, but it has made me realize how quickly it has seem to pass! I feel like it was not long ago when she was born and how I couldn't even fathom her being 2 years old much less 5 years old! So, I decided to write 5 reasons why I love my little "angel face" (and of course, there are more than 5 but trying to tie into the whole "5 year old" thing!):
  1. I love her because she loves Jesus so much and always wants to talk about Him!
  2. I love her because she is so incredibly generous to others, always trying to help!
  3. I love her because she is so sensitive and compassionate toward others!
  4. I love her because she has such a great sense of humor and makes everyone around her laugh (and she has a wonderfully contagious laugh!)

  5. I love her because she is so talented especially in drawing pictures!

She cried on her 4th birthday because she thought we would have her "baby sister" by then (when we were adopting from China), then she asked if we would have her by her 5th birthday and we told her probably not, but she asked if we would get our referral before her 6th birthday and we told her YES! So we hope that is true and hopefully sooner than that!

No comments: