Monday, May 19, 2008

Yummy Granola!

I had happened upon a recipe for homemade granola that looked really good, so last week, Brittany, the kids and myself decided to give it a try. Here is the recipe below:

Yummy Granola
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil

Mix together and spread over a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes turning every 10 minutes or so.
Elijah pours in the rolled oats.....
Isabella pours in the shelled pumpkin seeds......
...then the almonds and coconut!

Of course, I didn't really follow the recipe completely as I decided to add some other ingredients that I thought would be a great addition! Since the kids love dried fruit, we added some dehydrated banana chips, diced dried pineapple chunks, dried cranberries, and diced dried papaya (about 1/4 cup of each)!
Isn't it so pretty?!

5 comments:

The Soucys said...

THAT looks delicious!!!! I love granola, I might have to make this!Also- you have the cutest helpers!

The Cobbs said...

Kim! I was so excited to see your comment on our blog! Your children are precious ~ Elijah is a mini-Brad and Isabella looks just like you:) Keep in touch...I look forward to hearing how God answers your prayers regarding adoption!

J, A, T and Y said...

Yum..that makes me hungry!

Kevin and Misty said...

Thanks for the food advice! We have started blueberries, so I am eager to talk. I was glad to see this post as I was going to buy granola this week and is was SO expensive! I'll have to try your method instead!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Good for you! I guess what I can say is it sure looks ~healthy~. Of course, you are talking to an admitted junk food addict that tries to hold restraint daily.

But enough already, it is REALLY time to get THE call.

Enjoy the granola!