Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tagged

Okay, so I was "tagged" by my friend, Shelly, a while back but I have been so busy, I haven't been blogging much. So I have finally decided to sit down and answer these "Crazy 8s"....

8 things I am passionate about:
  • My husband, Brad
  • My children, Isabella and Elijah (and my children in waiting)
  • Adoption
  • Sewing
  • Children's Ministry
  • Cooking
  • Organization
  • Making a difference

8 things I want to do before I die:

  • See my children walk with the Lord
  • See my children marry
  • Become a grandmother
  • Write a children's book
  • Learn to knit and crochet
  • Travel to Switzerland and Austria
  • Own a log cabin with a wrap around porch and creaky rocking chairs somewhere in the mountains
  • Own a children's boutique/tea room that also sells unique dishes, fabrics and beautiful dolls

8 things I say often:

  • I love you completely and forever
  • Hurry up! (This should actually be said to me since I am always late!)
  • Good night, Nurse!
  • It's freeeeeezing in here! (Brad keeps the house at 67 degrees!)
  • Did you wash your hands? (I say this every day, many times a day)
  • Vomit! (Not as a command, just in response to something disgusting)
  • Do you need to go potty? (Always asking the kids this before we leave the house since my biggest pet peeve is taking the kids to nasty public restrooms!)
  • Ummmm, helllllooooo? (Example: “Mommy, I can’t find my pirate underwear?” So I walk to his bedroom, open his underwear drawer, smile and point to his pirate underwear and say, “Ummmmmmm, hellllooooooo?”......giggling always follows!)

8 shows I have watched recently:

  • American Idol
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
  • Barefoot Contessa
  • Take Home Chef
  • So You Think You Can Dance?
  • Lazy Town (my kids LOVE this show on Noggin)
  • The Biggest Loser
  • Little People, Big World (LOVE this show!)

8 artist I never tire of listening to:

  • Barry Manilow (don't judge me....I actually paid to see him at the rodeo and screamed "I love you, Barry!" while he was singing "Weekend in New England"....I was "that" woman in the crowd......Brad literally slid down in his seat and broke into hives!)
  • Celine Dion
  • Rascal Flatts
  • Kenny Rogers
  • Natalie Grant
  • David Phelps
  • Josh Groban
  • ABBA (Who doesn't love a little Dancin' Queen and Take A Chance On Me?)

8 things that attract me to my friends:

  • Authenticity
  • Trustworthy
  • Sense of humor
  • Heart for the Lord
  • Honesty
  • Love for my children
  • Don't take things too seriously
  • Shared interests

8 things I learned in 2007:

  • My heart can truly ache for children that I have never laid eyes on yet!
  • The Lord doesn’t promise a “bird’s eye view” of His plan when He calls you to obey and follow Him
  • Following the Lord’s calling on your life can be lonely and full of joy all at the same time
  • Waiting is harder than I have ever thought
  • Homeschooling is not as difficult as I once thought
  • My husband truly loves me in sickness and in health
  • The adoption community is a tremendous support group of people, many of whom I have never met in person but share a lasting bond and friendship with through blogging (Who knew?)
  • What doesn’t kill us, truly makes us stronger!

Oky, so now I think I am supposed to "tag" someone else.....Rebecca, Lincee, Robin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love surveys like these! I'm encouraged by your comment about Home Schooling not being as hard as you thought--care to share some wisdom?

Rebecca said...

I can totally hear you saying, "Ummmm, helllloo!" I almost got you the Halmark Barry Manilow Christmas cd that they sold this year. I hope someone else bought it for you! Everytime I saw the comercial; I thought of you!

Rebecca said...

Can I go to Austria with you? I want to go there on my next trip...well, after going to Ethiopia to bring home my little babe!